With regard to the personal information of our customers, business partners, etc. to be used in the course of doing business, we at NIPPON HAKUYO Electronics, Ltd. (hereinafter collectively referred to as “NHE”), in order to comply with the laws and regulations for the protection of personal information, shall establish voluntary management rules and systems, define personal information protection policy as described below, and carry out various measures without fail in accordance with this policy.
1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
NHE shall comply with the provisions of laws and regulations as well as the norms, guidelines, and the like stipulated by administrative organizations and others relating to the protection of personal information.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
NHE shall use personal information for the following purposes within the scope of the business listed below.
(1) Provision of information on products and services and proposals thereof
(2) Response to requests for material, and sending and managing such responses
(3) Notifications and briefings to customers who have applied for events and public advertisements (campaigns, etc.), and provision of material, information, and services
(4) Response to customer’s comments and requests as well as response to subsequent improvement of services
(5) Use in business strategy planning within NHE
(6) Use in the payment and billing associated with carrying out business activities
3. Scope of Use of Personal Information
(1) Provision to outsourcing companies
We may provide the necessary minimal amount of personal information to outsourcing companies to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In this case, we shall thoroughly supervise and provide guidance even to the outsourcing companies by encouraging them to perform management in line with this policy.
(2) Provision to third parties
Except when prescribed by law, we will not provide personal information to third parties other than the outsourcing companies without the prior consent of the person in question.
(3) Shared use
We will share personal information with our group companies for the purposes set forth in the preceding paragraph.
4. Collection of Personal Information
NHE will collect personal information by appropriate and lawful means.
5. Information Management and Safety Measures
(1) NHE will manage personal information properly and strictly, implement steps to prevent leakage and loss of information, as well as illegal accessing, destruction, and falsification of information, and carry out prompt corrective measures in case of occurrence of such events.
(2) NHE will construct an in-house system to continuously implement safety measures mentioned in (1) above, and undertake proper operation.
6. Inquiries on Personal Information
We have set up a reception center for inquiries on such matters as the disclosure of personal information as well as opinions on the handling of personal information, and will respond without delay within a reasonable scope in accordance with laws and regulations.
If case a point of contact appears on the product/service application form, etc., please inquire with the said point of contact. If there is no contact information or the reception center is unknown, please contact us as described below. Upon confirming your (or your agent’s) identity, we will respond in writing or by other means. It should be noted that depending on the content of your inquiry, we may ask you to submit the NHE’s prescribed application form. In addition, you will be required to pay a fee depending on the contents of the disclosure, etc.
7. Execution and Improvement of This Policy
We shall execute, improve and maintain our policy by familiarizing all company executives and employees as well as persons concerned with regard to this policy. We shall also continuously improve our voluntary management rules and systems for the protection of personal information.
8. Changes in This Policy
This basic policy is subject to change as necessary.
Established on December 1, 2016